VMworld vChat: Project Monterey
Last year at VMworld, VMware announced it was embarking on a hardware architecture rethinking to support modern apps running on VMware Cloud Foundation and called it Project Monterey. This year at VMworld there are several key updates to Project Monterey. On this episode of the Virtually Speaking Podcast, Pete and John welcome Niels Hagoort to share the details of this exciting project and unpack the updates announced this week at VMworld.
There are plenty of opportunities to learn more about Project Monterey at VMworld 2021. In the session "10 Things You Need to Know About Project Monterey [MCL1833]" we'll dive a bit deeper into use-cases, and we'll be able to a bit more of Project Monterey. We'll showcase what the installation and life-cycle process looks like with Project Monterey, how network offloads are configured and enabled, what's possible with security offloads, and take a glimpse of some of the possibilities with storage offloads!
- Project Monterey: Present, Future and Beyond [MCL1401]
- How vSphere Will Redefine Infrastructure to Run Future Apps in the Multi-Cloud Era [MCL2500]
- Partner Roundtable Discussion: Project Monterey—Redefining Data Center Solutions [MCL2379]
- Accelerate Infrastructure Functions and Improve Data Center Utilization [NET2847S]
- Making AI Possible for Every Business [MCL3037S]
- Software-Defined, Hardware-Accelerated Data Center with Project Monterey [NET2790S]
The Virtually Speaking Podcast
The Virtually Speaking Podcast is a technical podcast dedicated to discussing VMware topics related to storage and availability. Each episode Pete Flecha and John Nicholson bring in various subject matter experts from VMware and within the industry to discuss their respective areas of expertise. If you’re new to the Virtually Speaking Podcast check out all episodes on vSpeakingPodcast.com and follow on Twitter @VirtSpeaking.