Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Cloud-Based Automation
- Can this solution be implemented using a Consolidated architecture model for VMware Cloud Foundation?
The solution is optimized for the standard architecture model with VMware Cloud Foundation instances consisting of a management domain and one or more VI workload domains.
This means the end to end implementation workflow has not been validated with a consolidated architecture and so some procedures may differ, however you may use the design with the following exceptions and caveats:
- Do not set the No Access role on the management domain for the integration service accounts used for both VMware Aria Automation Assembler and VMware Aria Automation Orchestrator to vSphere.
- Place the VMware Aria Automation virtual appliances within the resource pool for management workloads used in a consolidated architecture.
- Can this solution be extended to multi-cloud platforms?
Yes. The Cloud-Based Automation for VMware Cloud Foundation validated solution is focused on connecting your on-premises VMware Cloud Foundation instance with VMware Aria Automation (SaaS) only, you can further extend VMware Aria Automation to connect supported multi-cloud platforms.
- Can I deploy this Validated Solution on Dell VxRail System?