Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Intelligent Operations Management
- Can I deploy Cloud Proxies in vRealize Operations Manager?
Yes, however currently the deployment & lifecycle of cloud proxies is a manual operation. Password management operations are also not available at this time.
- Can I install additional vRealize Operations Manager Management Packs?
Yes. You should however consider the existing sizing of vRealize Operations Manager and scale out as needed.
- Can I deploy additional vRealize Operations Manager remote collectors?
Yes. They must be deployed using vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, and added to the same environment as the analytics cluster.
- What are the benefits of VMware Cloud Foundation-aware Mode?
When vRealize Operations Manager is deployed in VMware Cloud Foundation-aware mode, the following benefits exist:
- Load balancer automation
- Workload domain connection
- Password rotation
- Core component integration
- Management pack installation
- Cross component integration (other VMware Validated Solutions)
- Upgrade co-ordination
- What are the limitations of VMware Cloud Foundation-aware Mode?
When vRealize Operations Manager is deployed in VMware Cloud Foundation-aware mode, the following limitations exist:
- Network placement is controlled
- Version is tied to the VMware Cloud Foundation Bill of Materials (BOM)