Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Site Protection and Disaster Recovery
- What management applications are protected as part of this solution?
- vRealize Lifecycle Manager
- vRealize Operations Manager
- vRealize Automation
- Workspace ONE Access
- Is NSX federation required between the VMware Cloud Foundation instances?
Yes. NSX federation is a key component of the design as it provides IP mobility for the management components.
- How is load balancing provided on the recovery site?
A stand-by NSX load balancer is configured, but not connected, in the recovery site. In the case of a Disaster Recovery event, this stand-by load balancer is connected to provide load balancing services to the components that require it.
- Do we provide any guidance on protecting workloads?
We provide the steps to setup Site Recovery Manager & vSphere Replication for a VI Workload Domain, however protecting actual workloads is outside the scope as each workload will have specific requirements.