Azure VMware Solution (AVS) is a Microsoft managed service built on Azure bare metal infrastructure and cloud verified by VMware. AVS is powered by VMware Cloud Foundation: vCenter Server, vSphere, vSAN, and NSX-T. Also included is VMware HCX, the Swiss army knife of workload mobility. Customers can securely extend their networks and migrate workloads from on-premises (vSphere 6.x -7.x) to AVS or between AVS private clouds in different regions using a combination of migration options. Microsoft will handle the billing, lifecycle operations (upgrades), and troubleshooting of the service, allowing customers to focus on their workloads.
This week on the Virtually Speaking Podcast we welcome Emad Younis and Joe Sarabia to discuss the details of Azure VMware Solution.
- VMware Hands On Lab Azure VMware Solution
- Platform updates for Azure VMware Solution
- FAQ: Common questions about Azure VMware Solution
- VMworld: Azure VMware Solution Networking & Security in a Hybrid Cloud Environment
- Azure VMware Solution Product Page
- Azure VMware Solution Documentation
- Microsoft Ignite 2020 Session: Accelerate your Cloud Journey with Azure VMware Solution
- Microsoft Ignite 2020 Session: An introduction to Azure VMware Solution
- Set up vRealize Operations for Azure VMware Solution
- Deploying VMware Horizon on Azure VMware Solution
The Virtually Speaking Podcast
The Virtually Speaking Podcast is a technical podcast dedicated to discussing VMware topics related to storage and availability. In each episode, Pete Flecha and John Nicholson bring in various subject matter experts from VMware and within the industry to discuss their respective areas of expertise. If you’re new to the Virtually Speaking Podcast check out all episodes on vSpeakingPodcast.com and follow on Twitter @VirtSpeaking